communications working group
Chair – Dee gray
Vice Chair – Rob Roxburgh
Secretary – TBD
DOE Liaison – Erik Olds
Board Sponsor – Mark Whitney
COmmunications working group mission and scope
The EFCOG Communications Working Group is chartered to support member companies in promoting excellence in all aspects of communications and stakeholder interface in support of EM and NNSA missions through consistent exchange of information, best practices, and corresponding improvement activities. Key objectives include:
1. Conduct peer reviews of project-level communications and stakeholder outreach efforts at DOE and NNSA sites based on EFCOG’s Best Practices in Risk Communications and Government/Stakeholder Relations (2019).
2. Provide ongoing training to communications staff at headquarters and in the field based on emerging trends, challenges and incidents.
3. Develop and update best practices on project-specific topics, such as risk communication for demolition projects.
4. Provide continued emphasis and awareness of communication activities within EFCOG.
5. Interface with Contractor Management and staff on varying concepts, practices, and concerns associated with communication issues, concerns, and response needs to better understand their perspectives and support their needs.
6. Interface with key DOE managers (both headquarters and field) on varying concepts, practices, and concerns associated with communication needs and processes to enable better understanding of customer needs and concerns.
7. Interface with other external organizations including the Energy Communities Alliance and Nuclear Energy Institute on varying concepts, practices, and concerns associated with communication