The purpose of the Worker Safety & Health Subgroup (WS&H SG) is to promote safe work practices and a healthy workforce while supporting effective and efficient operations within the Department of Energy (DOE) and related EFCOG member organizations. The WS&H SG accomplishes its purpose by gathering, evaluating, developing and sharing performance measures, best management practices, and lessons learned consistent with the principles and functions of Integrated Safety Management.
The WS&H SG partners with related EFCOG Subgroups to:
- Promote, coordinate, and facilitate the active exchange of information, practices, procedures, lessons learned, and tools that enable effective and efficient worker safety and health programs at member sites and across the DOE enterprise through Technical Task Groups (TTG)
- Evaluate and/or recommend continuous improvements to member companies and identify and assess impacts of new and emerging requirements
- Develop guidance, share lessons learned and disseminate best practices, tools and techniques to enhance the effectiveness of WS&H programs
- Foster technical development, mentoring, and leadership opportunities among participating members
These objectives are accomplished through informal exchanges, collaborative tasks and projects, scheduled conference calls, workshops, presentations, Webinars, benchmarking, and authoring of peer-reviewed publications and collaborations. Members may be asked to author, review, and otherwise contribute their expertise to the development of DOE technical standards and related guidance.
- Mary Flora, Chair (Savannah River Nuclear Solutions)
- Dina Siegel, Vice Chair (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Mark Brynildson, Secretary (Sandia National Laboratories)
DOE Point of Contact
- James Dillard (US DOE)
Upcoming EventsNo Events
Task Groups and Leadership
Contact our Team: